For the winter solstice, I created a tea with herbs that are in tune with the season. My winter solstice tea is simple and soothing. Perfect for the evening and with sugar cookies!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for the love and support!
Winter Solstice Tea
1 tsp Chamomile
1 tsp Sage or few sprigs
1 Vanilla bean (I ground it)
And honey for flavor
Steep the ingredients in one cup of boiled water for 5-6 minutes. Strain and add honey and/or milk if you wish.
Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (plus more for rolling the dough in)
- 2 ounces cream cheese room temperature and cubed
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted and warm
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, if you don’t have parchment paper, lightly oil the baking sheet.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.. Set aside.
- Place the sugar in a medium bowl. Place the cream cheese on top and pour the melted, warm butter over the top. Whisk to combine. There may be a few lumps of cream cheese that remain but they’ll be incorporated when other ingredients are mixed in.
- Whisk the oil in until well incorporated.. Stir in the egg, vanilla, and milk.
- Add the flour mixture and fold it in until a smooth dough forms.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of dough into 24 balls. Roll each ball into the extra sugar. Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet. Using the bottom of a flat drinking glass, slightly flatten each cookie until they are 2 inches in diameter.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, turning the pan halfway through baking. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.
*Please always be aware of your body and health. Consult with your doctor about mixing tea with medication. Do not drink if you are pregnant or nursing.*
If you found this article helpful, please like, share, and/or follow!
Winter Tea & Cookies? Yes Please!Tweet