As promised, I posted not to long ago a recipe that I experimented with. It was the first night of the Spring season, and I felt inspired for something refreshing, and relaxing.
My husband has had a good stash of cannabis in the pile, and I thought it was a good time to medicinally use some of it. That, and I had a good amount of lemons that needed to go.
What are the magickal properties to this wonderful recipe, you might be wondering? Well, my full intention was a good positive purifying recipe, from the lemons. For the cannabis, I used it to bring a deep calming spiritual balance. And of course, the sugar to sweeten and bless.
So, at about one in the morning, I went at it! (I knoooooow, late night owl over here lol).
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 6 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 6-8 lemons)
- 1 tbsp Cannabis (or how ever much you prefer. 1 tbsp is pretty mellow per one cup.)
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cannabis, and 1 1/2 cup of water. Cook over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. 4-5 minutes. Then turn down the heat and let it simmer for 22 minutes.
- In the meantime, begin juicing your lemons until you are at 1 1/2 cup of liquid. I like to use a cheesecloth to strain out the pulp. If you’re a pulp person, then never mind this step.
- Now, remove the cannabis syrup from the heat, strain, and pour into your pitcher. Stir in lemon juice. Let the syrup cool. Then, add the rest of the water and stir until well combined.
- Store in the refrigerator, and enjoy over ice.
*Note* So, for a 1 tbsp of cannabis per one pitcher, I found it to be very relaxing and soothing. It took 3 cups for me to actually feel any other effects, and really, that only helped me sleep deeper. So, if your one that prefers a mellow blend, then this recipe should do. For one that wishes for a stronger effect, add 1 or more tbsp to your sugar water mix.
*Note Note* If you are on a certain diabetic or keto restricted diet, then you can do what I actually did for this recipe. Substitute the cane sugar for your own sugar substitute. In this case, I used monk’s fruit sugar. Same measurement. Yum!
I hope you enjoy this blend responsibly, and legally! Have fun!
If you found this article helpful, please like, share, and/or follow!
Cannabis Lemonade Is Our Way to Mellow Yellow!Tweet
2 thoughts on “New Spring, New Kind of Lemonade!”
cannibas was decarbedcfirst correct?