I had dear friends and sisters inspire me to write about the tremendous power that comes from Storm Magicks, and how to embrace this craft. Worked on it for 3 days straight, trying to pick out all the knowledge I had learned over the years. Well I’m proud to say I finished. So for your enjoyment and magical knowledge, I give to you…
Storm magick is both thrilling and terrifying power to harness. And I use harness lightly. Connecting to this form of power is exactly like working with the elements and weather magick. It is using the energies of the storm to manifest your will. It’s just like when using the elements to connect your power to the source of all magick.
However, storms are also on a different level. A witch can look at a storm as a form of a battery. The energy that creates a storm charges the air all around you, to the very ground you stand on. To the wind that blows, and to the rain that falls, are all empowered. A storm carries all the elements a witch holds dear. Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. Even Spirit, for a storm empowers people as well.
So as a battery, a witch can learn to connect with the storm. They infuse his/her energy with it, and channel their magick to manifest their desire. All who have done it will say that it is certainly a rush of power coursing through the veins. Storm magick is so potent, that once familiar on how to wield its power, one doesn’t need any tools or ritual. Although I would recommend anti-lightening charms.
It is important to remember however, that storm magick is wild. Wild and neutral. It carries both positive and negative energies. It can both bless and destroy the land. Because of this, storm magick must be respected. Do not think that you can control the storm. Your merely working with it. If you ever do think you are master of the storm, watch your magick falter, ego has gotten in the way. And that can even turn against you.
One must approach the storm with an even temper, and a focused will before attempting to connect with its power. This is because a storm can absorb the energies you feed it, just like it feeds you. Believe me, once I hadn’t gotten over being very upset before connecting with a storm that was supposed to last for a day, it stormed for a week! Nasty one, it caused a power outage in my neighborhood. And trees were blown over.
Connecting To A Storm For The First Time
For a beginner who has never once connected to a storm, I feel it best that they meditate during one for their first try. They must meditate for at least 20 to 30 minutes. Inside, windows open so that they could listen to the rain, feel the wind, and connect to the thunder and lightning. Meditate with no thoughts other than the storm. Use your senses to feel the way it lives. Breathe in its power and release it. Do this for however long you feel it’s best. You will know when you are connected. There is no doubt, there is a surge of energy you can feel radiating through you. The energy feels different for some; it can be chills shivering up and down the body, warm heat filling the belly, or cool energy streaming up the spine. Feel how it effects you. Personally I get cool chills throughout the body with heat flowing through my core.
If meditation is not for you, there are many other methods to get into that meditative state. I know of others who do yoga, sacred dance, or like the native Americans do it, a drum circle gathering. However way helps you connect to the energies around you, go for it! All these meditation techniques can also be used for weather magick.
When you feel connected, test it. Call for a rise in wind, rain, thunder, or for a flash of lightning. Wait for 10 mins or less, if nothing happens, you need to continue to meditate and become familiar with the flow of energy coursing through you. If what you call forth happens, good for you! You are connected. Your flow of energy is in sync with the storm. But don’t get too excited or carried away, you can either lose focus, or make the storm worse!
Generally once you become familiar with how the energy feels and you can connect to it instantly, one can skip the meditation in the beginning. As one continues practicing storm magick, they can become so in tune with this craft, that they can even begin to sense when a storm is coming. You can feel the energy in the air, much like a sailor can smell the rain of one brewing.
Now that you have practiced connecting to the storm, the next step is harnessing this energy in order to manifest your intent. Because storm magick has both positive and negative energies, any spell can be cast. Often when beginning in storm magick, witches set up their altars to perform their spells. This should feel familiar, because you are casting a spell. The only difference, it is highly charged with the storm’s power. The tools and altars help the witch to remain focus on their intent. Which is essential in practicing with storm magick. The thought and desire must be clear, the clearer the picture the quicker it will manifest. The same can be said if your thoughts are jumbled. Overall, like the ole saying goes, be careful what you wish for, because the storm will cast it far into the winds. After a few storm spell practices, you may be able to do without the tools and altars. You’ll simply be able to connect to the storm, and project your spell through your energy.
All this is for thunderstorms, but of course there are many other kinds of weather storms. And each have their own special spells and rituals that can be done.
- Regular Rain Storms are good for purification, love, healing, friendships, beauty, youth, releasing negative energies, thoughts and emotions.
- Heavy Wind Storms are a good time for mental spells, studies, travel, breaking addictions and habits. Sending messages to others, both living and dead. And wishes.
- Snow Storms are for purification, healing matters of the heart, transformational magick, change, protection, and renewal.
- Fire Storms. This is when the searing heat of the Sun causes a blaze of fire to the land, and the winds sweep it across. It happens on a yearly basis here in California. Protection, courage, power, banishment, and commanding/oath spells are done during this time. Very dangerous though, one would need to be close to the flaming storm.
- Storms during an Eclipse. These storms are rare, and because of such are extremely powerful. I have been told that these times of great power can be channeled to cure diseases, and banish unwanted energies, as well as successful exorcisms, if you believe in that.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for the love and support!
Tips For Working With Storm Magick
- Keep it simple. After years of practicing with the weather, I found there’s really no need for big fancy rituals. All you truly need is you, and the willingness to open your soul.
- Only work with this sort of magick if you feel calm and fluid. Put simply, if there is blockage in your energy, wait for the next storm to pass.
- If you wish to work with tools, its very handy to have a drawstring baggie that is already packed with candles, oils, and/or incense. Click on the terms for recommended tools that I personally use during Storm spell work.
- Keep a fresh cup of tea near. Peppermint or chamomile, or if you’ll like, blended! Sometimes the first time connecting to such powerful energies can leave you feeling empowered, but it may also cause reverse reactions. Like nausea, dizziness, and/or drained. Click on the terms to see my favorite go-to cups of tea!
- Some storms blow over quick, so be prepared to work fast, and spur of the moment.
- Work indoors, if you can. Some may think this odd since your working with a storm, but lightning strikes are no joke. Lightning kills more people in a year, than a tornado does. And since we are conducting energy between ourselves and the storm, there is the risky chance that you can attract one to you, or near. Another good reason to create anti-lightning charms. Or for the serious weather witch, a lightning rod. These help a lot! I’ll never forget the time I was using a lightning storm for banishment and enlightenment, and there were strikes left and right of me. Since I was staying in a hotel, many of the surrounding hotels had lightning rods. Phew for that…
- Remember that you and the storm are One. The energy between you two must flow fluidly. The fastest way to connect to its power, is to simply surrender to it.
- Growing mugwort, marjoram, or Saint John’s Wort, protects the home from storms and lightning. Carrying or hanging acorns also serves as a protection charm from lightning. Click on the terms to see where I buy my seeds.
- Fern is a great addition to storm offering incense. If you wish for a rain storm, add heather. To find the dried herbs, click on the terms.
- Any water collected while you are connected to the storm is especially potent for you and your craft.
- Any tools left out in the storm is going to be charged, especially stones and crystals.
- Fulgurite is a powerful glass stone that was created by lightning itself! When lightning strikes sandy soil or sand, this stone is born! It is vibrant with power and has been used in storm magicks as a tool for manifesting your desires. It also helps empower the chakras, assists shaman work, healing, psychic workings, and paired with other stones or blends to charge them.
- Click on the image below to see this amazing Fulgurite necklace that would make a magnificent talisman!
The list can go on and on, because that is how widespread storm magick can be. Go out there and try it and see what new knowledge you will discover and learn, and pass on!
Great Stormy Blessings, everyone!
If you found this article helpful, please like, share, and/or follow!
Storm Magick Is BrewingTweet
3 thoughts on “Storm Magick”
Great read and Tips for creating thank you for putting it all into words for us to share , I am always late to the party , a few years late but none the less still a fine lesson .
LikeLiked by 1 person
I can feel the storm inside me but I thought I was the boss of it but now I realize that I cant I must work with the sky and wind lightning and storm