Welcome to the new
GOOD WITCH KEEPING SERIES!
Today, we will be discussing
NEW MOON FLOORWASHES.
Now, in honor of the New Moon, I wanted to share a few of the best New Moon Floorwashes that I personally enjoy making for when I am washing the floors or even counters of my home. They are SO easy to create in your very own kitchen, all that is needed is the simple-to-get ingredients.
Because of the recent happenings with COVID, I know that going out to the market has become a wort of worry. So lately, for me, I have been making my orders through Amazon, and I’ve found to find the same great quality of ingredients I would if I were to go to my local garden! It seriously has become so helpful, with better prices. AND, if purchasing the dried herbs isn’t enough, you can always consider buying the seeds! That’s one fine way to start your magical garden and not worry about running out of your supply!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for the love and support!
SO, LET’S BEGIN!
The Best Purification Wash
To make this blend, you will need about a CUP of each, to make a good hefty amount to store for later use. Believe me, it’s a great jar to have on hand!
- FOR POWDER: Grind down a cup of each ingredient until it is in a fine powder. – (I once used a mortal and pestle, but when I started making larger batches of this recipe, it really began to tire out the hand! Now, I’ve caught up to the 21st century and use this Mueller Austria Hypergrinder! It has been a goddess-send! It’ll become your best friend too!)
- Combine each of the now fine powders, and blend well. Keep stored in an airtight container/jar when not in use.
- Boil water, and add the powder blend little by little, stirring clockwise with your favorite magical tool. Concentrate on the power of purification, see the herbs becoming one with the water.
- When it has fully dissolved, begin with full intention, your cleaning.
- FOR HERB BLEND: If you decide to not wish to powder the herbs, you may combine them in their whole form. Blend well, and store them in an airtight container/jar.
- Before adding the herb blend to your boiled water, I advise that you scoop a batch into a muslin bag. These help keep the herbs from scattering across your water and making your cleaning, well, messier!
- Allow it to steep for about 10 – 15 minutes. Then give it a good stir clockwise, with full intention, and get to cleaning!
Aura Cleansing Wash
This batch is great for New Moon magick, for when you just feel like everyone’s aura needs fixing! You know, that icky sticky feeling? Or that, gooey hung down dreaded feeling? For that! This is like a pick-me-up for the aura! Cleanses away that nasty goo, and replaces the area (and yourself) with that feel-good energy.
You’ll need about a cup of each of the ingredients again. And decide whether you wish to powder it, or keep them whole and blended. Follow the instructions from the first recipe to replicate.
New Home Wash
This New Home Wash recipe is the one I always recommend to friends when they move into a new home. I insist that everyone do a thorough cleaning before moving their belongings in, especially when it is in an apartment building! You can never know what sort of energy lingers from previous tenants, so this is a great go-to to get your home move-in ready. Generally, its ideal to clean when near or on the New Moon, but we can’t ALL make our moves alongside the phases of the Moon. So, the great thing about this recipe is that it is universal. It can be used whenever.
I HIGHLY advise, however, that it be preblended under the New Moon night. That way, you can bring the New Moon vibes into your home. Phase or not!
I ALSO recommend the ingredients be fresh herbs. Not so easy, I know, but if possible, try your best. If not, then have fun with the dried herbs, or go the oil route!
- UNDER THE NEW MOON NIGHT: Collect about 1/4 cup of each of the fresh herbs, stripped from their stems, and placed in a clear bowl. Keep the herbs outside in the night air to absorb the New Moon’s vibes. Or, if you are the ceremonial type, bless the herbs on your New Moon altar.
- Collect them before the night ends and store them in a dark airtight container or a sealed pouch.
- To use: Crush the fresh herbs a bit in your hands to liberate some of their natural oils, place in a muslin bag, then pour in water just off the boil and let steep for about 10 minutes. Stir counterclockwise, and get to cleaning.
- IF DRIED HERBS USED: Follow the previous instructions from the other recipes.
- IF OILS ARE USED: You will use 15 essential oil drops of each of the listed ingredients. Add this to a bucket of boiled water with a 1/4 cup of white vinegar. Stir very well, counterclockwise, and proceed with cleaning. *Keep in mind, if you decide to go the OIL route, it is recommended to pre blend the recipe under the New Moon night.*
Probably one of the most classic floor wash recipes is this simple one. Cascarilla powder has been long used for purification purposes. This recipe I recommend to be used as a powder. Be sure your white eggshells are dried properly, and you are using pure sea salt. Grind together into a fine powder and use with boiled water and 1/4 cup of white vinegar.
You are more than welcome to go the essential oil route. For me, it is much easier and fun to blend the oils and add to my washing water. To blend them, you can freely mix match the amount you wish according to your senses, but often I keep them at about 15 – 20 drops each.
Here is a list of oils and where you may find them.
As mentioned earlier, starting your own magical garden may be some thing that you’ll find more pleasant. Certainly, having an endless supply of your ingredients is often some thing every witch seeks. Always make sure your seeds are heirloom NON GMO seeds.
Here is a list of seeds and where you may find them.
AND if you really want to start your own witchy garden, then I highly recommend either of these complete garden seed kits!
Well, I hope this article was very helpful! I hope these GOOD WITCH KEEPING SERIES become a way to bring magick into your home!
If you feel these articles are helpful, like and follow my page to keep up to date with the latest articles! Or Subscribe!
GOOD WITCH KEEPING IS THE WAY TO GO!Tweet